TIMES Attorneys has long-standing and highly respected expertise in sports matters, notably:
- Marketing and Sponsoring: We develop sustainable marketing and sponsorship concepts and draft specific agreements for sports organisations, teams, events and individual athletes.
- Ambush Marketing: We look after the protection of trademarks, logos, naming rights of sport events and organisations and of the image and naming rights of individual athletes, and provide effective defence strategies against ambush marketing attacks.
- Media Rights: We assist federations, agencies, event organisers and broadcasters in drafting and negotiating national and international broadcast and redistribution agreements. We also advise on:
- Player Contracts: We advise and represent clubs, teams, players’ agents and professional athletes with regard to contract negotiations, transfers and breaches of player contracts.
- Disciplinary matters: We advise and represent sport organisations (federations, teams, clubs and anti-doping organisations) in disciplinary matters. In particular, we have broad experience in doping matters and can rely on a wide network of scientific experts. We advise and represent domestic and foreign sports organisations, individual athletes, teams, event organisers and marketing agencies before state courts and arbitration tribunals, in particular the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne (CAS).
- Organisation and Compliance: We draft statutes and regulations for sports associations and federations and we represent them in disputes on organisational and compliance issues. We provide comprehensive legal advice to sports organisations in support of their daily business (e.g. labour law and social security, intellectual property, rental of office space, procurement, contracts, and organisational issues). This also includes representation before tribunals. We assist foreign sports organisations to establish their headquarters or a branch in Switzerland.
- Investigation: We execute investigation mandates for sports organisations (e.g. disciplinary, organisational or legal compliance matters) and provide legal opinions on sports law issues.
- Arbitration: We act as arbitrators in arbitration commissions of federations, ad hoc arbitration panels and commissions and standing arbitration tribunals, e.g. CAS, Basketball Arbitral Tribunal (BAT) and German Sports Arbitral Tribunal